Actor Kangana Ranaut has said that she will return her Padma Shri award if she is unable to prove all the claims she has made about the death of Sushant Singh Rajput. She spoke to Republic TV, in which she talked about being summoned by the police in the case. “They (Mumbai Police) summoned me, and I asked them too, that I’m in Manali, that you can send somebody to take my statement, but I have not received anything after that. I am telling you, if I have said anything, which I can’t testify, which I can’t prove, and which is not in public domain, I will return my Padma Shri,” Kangana said. “I don’t deserve it. I am not that person who will go on record (to make such statements), and everything that I have said is in public domain,” she added.
The late actor died by suicide on July 14. In incident took place at his apartment in Bandra, Mumbai. He was 34 years old. After his death, Kangana openly called out the industry for boycotting and rejecting him. She called his death a ‘planned murder’ and also accused the industry of not appreciating his work in award shows. In one of her videos, Kangana quoted Sushant’s father, his ex-girlfriend Ankita Lokhande and filmmaker Abhishek Kapoor and even read out a few blind items published about Sushant by the media.
“Sushant Singh Rajput’s demise has shaken us but there are people who are running a parallel narrative and saying that he committed suicide because he was depressed. How can a person’s mind be weak if he holds ranks in engineering entrances?” she asked in a video she posted on social media.
Maharashtra home minister Anil Deshmukh, however, said on Friday that the police is not suspecting any foul play in Sushant’s death so far. He also said that there is no need for a CBI investigation in the case.